1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst big-name actor working

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 15, 2009.

?

Who is the worst supposedly good actor?

1. Mark Wahlberg

10.1%
  2. Nic Cage

30.4%
  3. Keanu Reeves

39.2%
  4. John Travolta

7.6%
  5. Other

12.7%
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ashton Kutcher
    Kevin Costner

2. doctorx

doctorx Member

Master Thespian!!!

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I was thinking about Bruce Willis. And then I dismissed the thought. And then the thought returned. So I'm placing his name under consideration.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Blasphemy!

Two words: Die Hard.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, I liked him in Die Hard. I'm basing this on the past four-five years of work I've seen from him. But I always thought I'd like to have a beer with Bruce Willis. He would be cool.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Die Hard, Die Hard 3 and Die Hard 4 were all so good that he could spend the next 20 years playing a guy who collects paper cups and he wouldn't make this list.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

From rottentomatoes:

Keanu Reeves, 63 movies, with average rating of 51%

Nicolas Cage, 70 movies, with average rating of 53%

John Travolta, 69 movies, with average rating of 40%

I don't think Marky Mark is even in the same ballpark as these three, but his stats:

Mark Wahlberg, 39 movies, with average rating of 36%

I still say Nicolas Cage, far and away, is the landslide winner.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

No way. Even his crap ("Hudson Hawk") was entertaining. "Pulp Fiction" is the greatest movie ever, and he's the best part of it. His first scene--where he just stares at the unseen Marcellus Wallace as Butch is instructed how to take a dive--may be my favorite movie scene of all-time. Bruce says everything by saying nothing.

Oh and of course his last line in the movie: "Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Actually, that's a fair point. :)

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when Willis got the role in Die Hard, including the huge check. I doubted, wondered what they were thinking. Then I saw the movie and it was perfect, great casting, great idea behind the movie.
    To hear that among those approached and turned down by producers includes Schwarzenegger, Burt Reynolds, Richard Gere, Nick Nolte and DeNiro, really makes me wonder. Apparently Don Johnson and Richard Dean Anderson were also under consideration.

11. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Have you seen Paint Your Wagon? He sings, goddamn it, he sings.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He also sings in Honkytonk Man. Liked Eastwood in "True Crime," not the best newspaper movie, but he doesn't exactly play his usual tightly wound man of few words.

Draft saved Draft deleted