1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What have you cut back on?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Nice.

I stopped drinking at ballgames. I basically only have to spend the $5 to get in since I have no transportation nor parking costs in getting to the game.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You cut back on car insurance?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. I don't eat out anymore.

I don't go to bars anymore.

I no longer have cable.

I never turn on my AC. Ever.

I try not to drive anywhere if I don't have to.

I'm still struggling to make ends meet, but shit happens when you get laid off.

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

It's the money you could be saving!!! Actually, I've cut back on recreational things (comic books, DVDs, albums) because I bought a new truck in February.

I also mean no disrespect to those on this board. I can't imagine what I'd do if I was laid off.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

You too?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Got rid of Onstar. If I get locked out of my truck I'll have to rely on my own skills instead of the nice folks at Onstar.

7. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Keep your spare key in your wallet. That'll keep you from getting locked out.

8. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

We're doing our best to not use the AC this summer. For sanity's sake, I insisted we turn it on a few times. But for the most part we've been remarkably strong willed.

A few months back we stopped using the dishwasher and went to hand washing everything. Even though we never ran the dishwasher much to begin with, we could really see a difference in the monthly bill when we stopped.

Also, no summer trip. I'm on vacation right now and sitting on my ass at home. With no AC.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I've become a coupon fiend. I have to be desperate to buy something without one, or it has to be a great price already.

And for those of you eating out at restaurant, there are lots of great coupons out there on the Internet.....many are desperate for your dollars! Also, I never order anything to drink other than water. I refuse to pay $2.95 for an iced tea or diet soda.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Actually, heating the hot water to wash your dishes costs more than running your dishwasher.

Be sure the "heat dry" and other fancy settings are turned off. A normal to light wash followed by air drying works just fine.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've switched from beluga to sevruga.

12. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted