1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBSsports.com announces NFL correspondents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And when Oehser was the back-up to Prisco on the Jags beat at the Times-Union, he worked for Nasella, who's the cbs jags corro.

2. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Yep, I worked with him, albeit in very light capacities, as we were in the same family of newspapers. Good people, that guy.

3. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

Looks like the 16 that came from B/R's end had previous journalism experience and/or covered the NFL and may have just got on B/R back in May when the process was starting up.

Either way, a great list of names there.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I won't specifically blast someone anonymously, but there is one name on that list that made me shake my head. It's a sad commentary when I can't tell if the person, who I know, was one of the pros approached or one of the bleacher report hopefuls.

5. Notepad

Notepad Member

To the guy who got the job in Pittsburgh,
    Congratulations.
    Now have a ball getting your head kicked in by Ed Bouchette on a daily basis.

6. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

It seems like these guys are offering "Rapid Reports" on every single minute detail so far.

Fan boys will love it.

I'll stick with my trusted newspaper folks.

I know two of the folks who got these gigs. One I'm a fan of. The other, well, I won't be reading him.

7. bmm

bmm Member

Glad in a way these folks are still in the business, but hopefully they're getting more than discussed earlier. I would think they'd have to have another job to make it.

8. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Ditto from me on Craig from my days in AZ and my wife's days at the EVT. Absolute crime what they did to the Trib and I'm glad to see Craig on his feet here.

9. Nola4520

Nola4520 Member

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Will explain later! I'm editing.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Exciting stuff to be covering training camp. But I wonder where are the updates on what type of sports drink the stars are drinking. That's the real Rapid Report I want.

12. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

I would think so, too. I know that's what I was thinking with the Denver beat. Glad to see Aaron (no, I don't know him) got the gig. Wish all former Rocky employees well after what happened to them earlier this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.