1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media days dying soon?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 20, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, but Finebaum and Doyel need a lot of toadies and cornermen... [/crossthreading]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You don't have to submit your poll application in person. You could just PM like everyone else. I'm easy.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Too late. I'm on my way. Maybe we can hook up for a beer.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

apparently, the number has risen to more than 900.

Damn. That's impressive and sickening at the same time.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sign of the apocalypse - MSU coach Dan Mullen tweeting while on stage at the SEC Media Days.

6. Why would someone go to the trouble of going to SEC Media Days and sitting on the front row if all he was going to do was talk to the guy next to him for three hours and not listen to what anyone's saying? I don't get that. Why come at all?

I know this: I didn't get up long before dawn and travel most of the day to hear anything of what he's been saying all day to the point of distraction. I'm waiting for one of the coaches to stop and wait until he gets the guy to STFU. I guess at some big-time jobs you can just show up and fuck off and not give a shit that others have work to do.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

slappy, where y'at??

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ok, we're gonna need a name.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shhh, he's in the front row, chatting with somebody.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Having Jack the Puppy use my right arm as a chewtoy

EDIT: Now cooking dinner. But am open for lunch tomorrow or Friday if you or any of the other 800 in attendance want to go...
    I did my Media Day this week...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And anyone buying me lunch in the next two days does earn an automatic entry into the poll... Tebow Sacramental Wine -- I'm looking at you...

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

And the Tour finally awakened to the realization that it could spend its money in better ways than funding your addiction. Sort of like giving free beer to an alcoholic.

Draft saved Draft deleted