1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernie Kosar files for bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Jun 19, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Do you live in Florida? Of course, he declared to protect his house. But I'm saying, because i know, even the big houses are hard to unload in Fla right now.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Actually played for both. Won a title under Schnelly.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Gotta respectfully disagree. I had sympathy for Bernie before that piece. Not so much after it. To write that someone is 45 and has no clue how to navigate a grocery store without pointing out how absurd that is is enabling the pathetic Hurricane. And his kids sound like they're two seasons away from one of those trashy E! reality shows. "My Dad Was An NFL Quarterback" or some crap.

Bernie's just another guy who had everyone do everything for him because he could throw a wobbly spiral and can't handle life once the gravy train stops, even though he graduated college in three years and had a business school named after him. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Still a well-written piece, but that it's about a U of M athlete means LeBatard is tugging on our heartstrings.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

But he cuts his bread with an axe. That has to count for something.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought it was a saw?

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

So he can't get what HE THINKS he should get for it.

He could sell it for a ton.

He probably has re-fi'ed it a couple times, though.

Crook.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The first few grafs on the second page were crap that marred the piece, the usual sermonizing from Le Batard, one of his self-styled "voiceovers." And ruined it for me, anyway. This has nothing to do with Montana, Marino or Favre.

I'd thought (and raise this without sarcasm) that DLB was on an extended break from newspaper writing.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

No, I'm sure he's upside down and can't cover what he owes. That's a fact of life in Florida.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was just a year-long sabbatical that ended a month or so ago.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

So short-sell it and include the loss in the bankruptcy.

11. Baloo

Baloo Member

Ok, I just started reading the story... and the stuff about kosar chasing teenage boys out of his house - if that's real, doesn't it strike anyone else as weird? I mean, actually smashing a guitar chasing a boy out? If a guy did that to my kid- CHASED AFTER HIM WITH A GUITAR - presuming my kid didn't break and enter, i'd be calling the police on this whacko dad, I don't care how big an nfl has-been he is.

12. Baloo

Baloo Member

"He says his kids (ages 17, 16, 12 and 9) grew up in a world where ''their idea of work was telling the maid to clean their room.''

fantastic parenting, Bernie. We'll enjoy seeing those brats integrating into the real world now.

Draft saved Draft deleted