1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next X-Men movie.... Deadpool!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Jun 9, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Ryan Reynolds spinoff movie was OKed the week after X-Men Origins opened huge at the box office. I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but I saw Origins and Weapon 11 may be one of the coolest villains EVAR.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2009/06/ryan-reynolds-picks-sidekick-a.html

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the character we see will be a good bit different from what Deadpool was at the end of Wolverine. If not, I ain't interested. The Merc with a Mouth not talking?! No thanks.

"Do you ever shut up?"
    "Not when I'm conscious, no."

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Deadpool was (yes I'll say it) fucking awesome... in everything but the movie. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? No, thanks. He's awful.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We'll have to agree to disagree there. I thought he was a good fit, a better one if they actually give him enough funny lines to work with.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm with OOP on Mr. Reynolds. I thought he did a very fine job with what was written on the page.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Ditto. Reynolds is perfect. However, give me a Gambit movie before Deadpool. I love the Deadpool character, but Gambit, well, there was so much debate and speculation on him for months and months. Would he have the red eyes, is Taylor from FNL good enough, blah blah.

I'm kind of excited for the proposed X-Men: First Class if it happens.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I don't remember the exact comic (Cable & Deadpool, maybe?), but Deadpool referred to himself as a cross between Ryan Reynolds and a Shar-Pei.

And that was in the comic 4 or 5 years ago.

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I agree...Gambit would be amazing!

I grew up a comic book dork and he was my favorite X-Men character, right ahead of Wolverine.

Right now, I'm just going to sit back and be patient and wait for another Batman movie.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

Cable was my favorite. Those badass plasma guns and that wicked cyborg arm. What a kick-ass character. Would love to see him in a movie.

Agreed on Gambit before Deadpool.

Draft saved Draft deleted