1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre: Free Agent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 29, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Bunch of savages in this town.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I didn't know the Vikings had made an official offer.

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Things that make me go hmmmmm ....

Are any other teams interested in Favre? If not, why?

What kind of contract negotiation is going to take place? Is Favre going to sign cheap or is he going to command a ton of cash? Do you think a potential deal is already in place?

I'm still skeptical of the alleged Favre-Childress "friendship" that supposedly dates back to the days when Childress was the OC at Wisconsin. Really? They got to be close buddies? One was in Green Bay, one was in Madison. Childress can't get a long with Matt Birk, for crying out loud. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be paling around with a pro QB in the early 90s while coaching and recruiting for a Big 10 school.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I think it's more of his friendship with Darrell Bevell, who was Favre's QB coach under Sherman, and knowledge of the offense they run. He's also good friends with Ryan Longwell.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So is it Vikings or no one? Or are others team legitimately interested?

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My guess is a couple of other teams might be interested in Favre, but the Vikings are the only team Favre is interested in.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It would have to be an NFC North team, to fit in with Brettney's master plan of wreaking fiery vengeance on the Packers twice this season.

Let's see, the Bears just shelled out to get Cutler, so they wouldn't be interested.

The Lions?? Well, hell!! They're big believers in the concept of the seasoned, savvy veteran "mentoring" the hot young prospect -- what more could you ask for than to bring in Favre, the seasoned of all savvy veterans, to squirt his leadership qualities in big gooey squirts all over the roster and impart his Kung Fu-like wisdom to the prize youngster Stafford.

Brettney could even mentor none other than the already seasoned and savvy veteran, Daunte Bedcrapper, who could then pass on Favre's leadership filtered through the heady brew of his own pithy experiences, to Matt Stafford, who would drink it all in like a moisture-parched dish rag (or some other brand of rag, use your imagination). Stafford would be double-mentored!! It would be like Obi-Wan Kenobi teaming up with Shooter Flach to give basketball lessons to Jimmy Chitwood!!

We've all seen the energy and dedication Favre puts into his "mentoring" roles. This makes too much sense not to happen.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I just don't see the upside of any team bringing in Favre. Perhaps a GM or coach hopes to get enough out of him to get a new contract for themselves, but I don't see why Favre would be a good decision for a team.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This Vikings fan doesn't want him. My friend in the Jets organization told me, "If our normal offense is 100, we dialed it down to 40 for him." The Vikings were running at about 40 anyway. Are they going to have a Tecmo Bowl playbook?

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Considering he'll be running virtually the same type of offense they had in Green Bay, probably not.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The playbooks in Tecmo Super Bowl and Tecmo 3 were very reminiscent of a current NFL playbook, I'll have you know.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Did you say Tecmo Bowl?

Draft saved Draft deleted