1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They're painting the town white.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KG, May 26, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A lot of people have suggested regulation and taxes on darker cars.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Unfortunately, that's our answer to everything. Of course, I can also tint my windows to keep the heat out and protect the interior of my car, but they'll fine me for that.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I need a link to see that since your car's alternator creates its own electricity.

4. 93Devil

The heat would move the same way around the Earth it did before there were buidlings.

The wind currents are so massive, rooftops are not going to change anything.

5. RickStain

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/26/AR2009032603316.html

The alternator doesn't create electricity out of thin air. It pulls it from the energy of the engine, fueled by gasoline.

6. RickStain

Hence my saying I know it's not based in science.

7. 93Devil

Dude, it's California. Ban the SUV first.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In some places, like in the Deep South, it would make sense to have a white roof because more is spent on AC than heating in those places. In other places, where heating is much more expensive, it doesn't make sense at all. All-electric households who spend an arm and leg for winter heat (like me) would not care for a white roof.

9. 93Devil

When was the last time you replaced the weather stripping in your doors?

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

California sucks. My car gets 30 mpg and when I went to change the oil for the first time it said "does not meet California emissions standards."

Dear California,

You suck.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Amazing how bent out of shape we get when newspaper companies cut salaries, but how easy it is to be in favor of it for government workers.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

They all play on the penny whistle, you can hear them blow.

Draft saved Draft deleted