1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A place for open letters to the good people of the world.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UTShooter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. KG

KG Active Member

T_D,

Indeed.

KG

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Board,
    Agate sucks.

KY

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

KY,

Especially the track variety.

JakeandElwood

4. KYSportsWriter

J&E,
    Indeed. Just typed in 60-plus inches of the stuff, including a meet that will be five days old by the time it's in our paper.

Oh well.

KY

5. jps

jps Active Member

mikey,

saw graduation today. screech was valedictorian, only he gave it up for jessie, who then found out and gave it back. teared up pretty much instantly.

wish you were here.

yours,

jps

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Jelly,

Quit your bitching.

T_D

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

jps and everyone else who asked about me,

I'm going to be OK. Eventually.

I appreciate the words, everyone; they really mean a lot. It's been a really tough time over the last month or so -- and much, much longer, really.

I needed to take some time for myself, to think, to relax, to keep my mind of things, to focus on something other than what's been making me miserable for so long. I'm not OK. Not even close. But I'm going to be.

I don't know if I'll ever be back to my "normal" self around here, though it has nothing to do with anyone on this joint. It's just a feeling, you know?

Anyway, thanks for everything.

Mike

8. KYSportsWriter

Mikey,
    Glad to see you back, and I hope you get through whatever it is you're going through.

KY

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Mike,

Good luck with whatever is going on. You can hit me up on AIM if you need to.

JakeandElwood

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Mikey,

Good to see you around again. I hope you are able to get through your troubles.

Kevin

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Board,

So I went out with some friends over the weekend and we went out to some brewery/restaurant on Friday evening for dinner. I'm usually a huge fan of the brewery/restaurants scene because I love trying out the different types of beer that they brew.

Not this one.

I got some steak and I tried out two different beers that ended up being awful. One was the equivalent of Keystone Light while the other was okay but still tasted watery with minimal bite that most red ales have.

Sucks.

Sincerely,

Kevin

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Dear board,

I am so freaking old. The highlight of my weekend was buying a new vacuum cleaner. I was excited about it going into the weekend, I looked forward to it, and I enjoyed it when I got to go buy it. I enjoyed the installation, and I enjoyed admiring my newly clean floors.

Rick
    (who also had a lot of fun making a spreadsheet to outline the family's financial situation)

Draft saved Draft deleted