1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 NBA Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Blazers are getting worked, about the only time its tolerable to listen to their broadcast team (they are terrible, and even more so when the Blazers are winning).
    But it still blows my mind seeing Yao on the court, even in the NBA he looks like a man playing against a kids league team.

2. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Dan ... what were the Blazer fans just chanting? ESPN announcers were nervously talking over it as much as they could.

3. DanOregon

Beat LA? I don't know, I didn't pick it up. Blazer fans are pretty cool, but Blazer Fan is total jerk, similar to Jazz Fan, in that they would rather see a guy on another team get called for a foul than have a basket go in.
    There was a downtown rally that packed the Pioneer Courthouse square, the local Blazer station covered the thing live for at least two hours.
    I'm sure most of it is just that the Blazers are the state's only major team, but man I've never understood how much the announcers and some fans get off on trying to rub other teams players face in it, instead of just being glad for a Blazer's success. The announcers have no class.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

<----- Well, shit.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Mavs made the Spurs look old last night. They have a lot more energy, are playing their best basketball at the right time, and present all manner of matchup problems.

I still think it's a long series, but if Dallas steals Game 2, it may be over quick.

6. DanOregon

Actually, found out the Portland crowd was saying "Refs you suck" - down 20 points, yeah, the refs cost them the game. Stay classy Blazer Fan. Thing about the NBA is when you "lose it" you lose it fast.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Igoudala hit a really nice stepback with two seconds left to give the 76ers a win and to finish an 18-point comeback. What was a very boring game for the first three quarters was a fun back-and-forth affair in the fourth quarter.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That. Shot. Was. Nuts.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I didn't think the Spurs looked old, so much as they just didn't play very well.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

The Atlanta-Miami result was kind of shocking. I never thought Atlanta would work them like that.

11. Why?

The Heat are a one-man team.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I am realizing that now. I thought they would get more from at least one other player.

Draft saved Draft deleted