1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Tocantins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CUinthenewsroom, Feb 8, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Exactly. We had no idea he was gay, because it never affected anything in the game. So why did the producers have to bring it up? It had nothing to do with anything.

2. Speaking of, here is Probst's side of the story:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/jeff-probst-b-1.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Loved Erinn's line regarding Coach from next week's episode: "Who IS this jackass?" Classic.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

No Survivor love this week?
    I guess that's what happens when the show takes a two-week hiatus.
    Sorry to see Sydney go. She was very nice on the eyes.
    Merge coming next week.

5. carrie

carrie Active Member

I'll bite.

Seriously, if I were on the black team, I would have already been kicked off for administering numerous face-punches to Coach's ugly mug.

6. Agreed. Coach is great for TV because he makes things interesting if not frustrating, but I can't believe there haven't been any big explosions involving him yet. I hope he makes the jury, I can see his final question/speech now ... all about how he should have one the game.

Glad Survivor was back, not sure why they took the two-weeks this time, I thought they usually had a recap episode and then a new episode (both on Wednesdays) during the tournament.

Here's EW's recap: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20269706,00.html
    And Probst's blog: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jeff-probst-blo.html

Anyone have a favorite to win it yet? My money would be on Brendan, but I'm not sure if his 4-wy, two tribe alliance will work out or not.

7. carrie

carrie Active Member

IF the Exile Island + JT alliance holds (and, honestly, they'd be stupid not to go through with it at this point), I don't think I'd mind any of them winning the whole thing.

After thinking last night's episode over, I'm really disappointed in seeing so many of the Timbira "power players" taking on the ridiculously pompous-ass attitude of Coach (Tyson, Debra - I'm talking about you).

I would like to see Taj win, actually. She's pretty good in challenges, and she's the one of came up with the excellent idea of the Exile Island alliance.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I hope JT at least makes it to the final three. Like that guy.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If I was JT, I would have taken that idol when I found it and not told anybody.
    I'm pulling for him to win.

10. The wife and I were discussing that last night. I don't think you can just take the idol. I think you either earn it or the person who has it gives it to you.
    Otherwise, wouldn't the strongest player just go through people's stuff, rip it out of their hands, whatever?

11. You are correct, but I believe in this case it would have been allowed, because as far as I could tell, Taj didn't hide it in her stuff. JT wasn't looking for the idol, he was looking for fishing gear and stumbled upon it. I think that would make it fair game. I just know you can't go through someone else's stuff and take it. Who knows?

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

They had the perfect opportunity to vote JT off, and didn't take it. I like him, but from a strategy standpoint, I think they blew it.

And are we really going there with the fake idol....AGAIN?!?

Draft saved Draft deleted