1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you watched and loved as a child only to re-watch and hate as an adult

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 23, 2009.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Damn, you're ripping a movie with Halle Berry and Kristi Swanson??
    Get real, dude.

2. e4

e4 Member

Speed

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think we all have that moment when we realize that the people who made the Bugs Bunny cartoons were making them for themselves. I never actually laughed out loud at those cartoons as a kid, but now I do all the time.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I love that they're now releasing the Looney Tunes shorts into DVD packages. I have the first set and love breaking those out every once in a while. They're great. Especially if you make up drinking games to them (every time one of the characters says their catchphrase, you drink...)

I also have a VHS tape of nothing but Foghorn Leghorn shorts. Me and my dad fought over that tape. I love that my father is just as big a kid as me and will go to see cartoons with me. ;D

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

True story: I played Foghorn Leghorn at a major amusement park. I shit you not. In the giant costume.

6. I think most of them were stoned while conceiving some of those ideas.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bugs Bunny holds up remarkably well. So does Scooby Doo.

8. KG

KG Active Member

I couldn't get "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit" out of my head tonight. If anyone heard me singing it, they'd think I was nuts, but really it was all sparked from driving down Rabbit Hill Rd. My ADD just took control.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I loved it then (I saw it before they edited out the scene with the guy lying in the street), and haven't seen it since. Try not to ruin it for me please.

10. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

A different era, but: It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sad to say, but I thought Scrappy Doo was kind of cool. Granted, I was 9 years old, but after seeing Scooby get scared so many times, I liked the fact that Scrappy had some courage.

Now, of course, Scrappy is just an annoying character whose ass you wish the villains would kick (that sounded bad grammatically, I know).

Same with Star Wars. My kids are into it now, but some of the dialogue makes me roll my eyes such as when Darth Vader confronts Obi-Wan for the first time:

"When we last me, you were my teacher, now I am the master."

Not, "I'm gonna light-saber your ass, old man," or anything like that. Sheesh.

12. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Tron - Went to see it at the movies in the 80s. Saw it on TV a couple of weeks ago. It really sucked the mighty suck. The story was preposterous, the CGI was in its infancy and all the neon looked really stupid.

Days of Thunder - Cole Trickle? It's not rubbin', it's racin'! A neurosurgeon who is Cole's age? Rowdy's thinly-disguised Dale Earnharndt Sr. Winning a race at a restrictor plate track with two gears. Building a winning race car in a dirty old barn in the Carolinas. Sure. Right. Uh-huh.

Iron Eagle - He flies a single-seater F-16 (an Israeli one) into Libya to fight Israeli Kfirs (they were pretending to be MiGs). He has a two-seater on the runway to pick up his dad. A bunch of kids not only steal a pair of F-16s from the USAF (zoomies are cushy lightweights, but even the most brain-dead sky cop could put a stop to this caper) but the weapons to arm them and get air-to-air refuelling? The plot holes in this movie are really pathetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted