1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More cuts from McClatchy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 2, 2009.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

One of the ones gone at the Olympian is the photo editor as of the end of the month/April 1 (unsure on final day). The Oly's photo department will then be down to two photographers.

2. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fuckin' A. Real nice fuckin' wedding gift they gave you Miles. Are you in the building where your SE can see you or are you out of the office? Just curious because if it's the former, I wouldn't have lasted five hours without demanding some eye contact and a conversation.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Seriously.

Five hours? Shit, I would've gone and talked to them immediately, whether it was to bitch or just to remember everything you'd done at the paper.

4. Miles O'Toole

Miles O'Toole Member

I wasn't working today and I wasn't going all the way in so they can tell to go home without a job.

And it's now six hours, but who's counting.

5. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

All these cuts, I'm sure behind the scenes the citizen journalism plan is in place. Or plans to go all web will be coming at most of these shops soon.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You give them too much credit. As someone said, most of these papers are junkies trying to get to their next fix (debt payment).

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Grim Reaper has struck in Columbus for a third time in less than a year.
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003952445

8. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Drip,

That link is to the Tucson Citizen story. Which story are you talking about?

9. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003952460

11. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Thanks Colbert, and Drip.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

McClatchy definitely plays hard ball. Damn.

Draft saved Draft deleted