1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

My neighborhood bar is where they have the big brawl at the end, between Colin and Norton. A few years ago I was walking past it and Colin Farrell strolled by. What? It took forever for the movie to actually come out. That was filmed in the bar, but the final riot scenes were shot somewhere else.

Here, Ed throws down when Colin suggests Inwood is not part of Manhattan.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Saw a trailer for the sequel this weekend. How are the making a sequel. Wasn't he falling out of a plane at the end of the move?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the trailer, but one version explains how the movie came about.
    I'm guessing that it might be a prequel, or he didn't actually fall from the sky and, you know, die.
    My only real hope is that Amy Smart is in the movie and again has sex on the street with Jason Stathan as a couple hundred Asian tourists watch.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Made of Honor, and it was turribul.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Crank was a fantastic film.

I went into it expecting it to be really, really stupid and the movie definitely was, but boy what a ride.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the sequel only because I know it's going to be ridiculous.

6. I bought a DVD of Danny Boyle's "Sunshine" and was pleasantly surprised by the film (it got some horrific reviews, but it was only a euro at the local video shop).

7. Branagh's Henry V, this morning, on cable.
    Damn, I love that movie.

8. highlander

highlander Member

Watching Mr. 3000 with Bernie Mac. Not a bad movie.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

One of my favourites. Have you seen his "Much Ado About Nothing"??

10. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

Watchmen. Sorta disappointing, though I'm not sure they could have done any better, because the graphic novel kicked ass. Awful, awful crowd that night, too -- guffaws every time Manhattan's blue junk appeared onscreen. Rorschach was awesome, though, as was the Comedian.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Crank is on FX or TBS tonight. Can't remember which channel. Haven't seen it in awhile and that post reminded me of it.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Having thought about it for a week, I think Laurie/Silk Spectre was poorly cast. She's beautiful, but lacked the acting chops to pull off the role.

As for me, I'm watching X2. My favorite of the three X-Men. Great storyline, fantastic actors. Despite being far too tall, I'm not sure anybody else could have played Wolverine than Hugh Jackman.

Draft saved Draft deleted