1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooter kills 12 in South Alabama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Mar 10, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I read those and AP just published an overview of the day's events in Alabama online on our local paper's website.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2009/03/11/news/doc49b7cd7573330101750137.txt

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This interview with the officer who lost his wife and daughter is heart-wrenching.

3. As in the Geneva County shootings (I lived in Hartford for a spell back in the early 1990s when I worked for the Eagle), AP just reported that the German shooter apparently killed himself during a shootout with police.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gosh, thanks for the favor Mr. Sonner.

But if you're going to post a URL at least make sure it works as a hyperlink, like this ...

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/default.asp?tfp_show_sort=yes

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. markvid

markvid Guest

Nice, Inky...well-played...and well-deserved.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't seem like you had too much trouble finding it, though.

And my last comment was made with a smile on my face, not a scowl. I should have inserted that little smiley face thing. My bad. :) See. Like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I live in Bellwood, just up 167.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Two of the victims were cousins, one distant, of my IP -- the wife of the deputy and the lady who died at the gas station. He had left the gas station 10 minutes prior to the shooting on his way to look at a house for sale. The shooter was also a friend of the family.

He was pretty shaken this morning.

9. lono

lono Active Member

Loved this reader comment:

"I propose this man was a manchurian candidate (operative) for the CIA. Probably controlled by the corrupt democratic party and “triggered” to gain support for obamas banning attempt of assault weapons."

http://www.dothaneagle.com/dea/news/crime_courts/article/da_coffee_county_shooter_had_revenge_list/63311/

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Newspaper comments again prove enlightening and really advance the story. Love the one as well saying if a person wants to kill someone, they'll use their bare hands if they have to, you can't prevent it. True. But would he strangle 10 people in an hour?

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If he really wants to do it, I'm sure he can find a way.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know, Timothy McVeigh did pretty well for himself using fertilizer and diesel fuel. As did OJ. As did Mohammed Atta.......

Oh I forgot, this was a shooting so the gun-control freaks need to preach to the rest of us about how guns are the root of all evil

Draft saved Draft deleted