1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flat-out bad parenting at the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Mar 7, 2009.

1. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

The lesson for today is fuck the theater. I rarely go. I know how it's going to be. And it's always, always like this. God Bless DVD.

2. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

What about tattoos?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd put a fiver on the parents screaming back, "Don't use that language in front of my kid!"

4. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I was a 17-year old high school senior when the first matrix came out. On a Saturday morning I went to the theatre to buy some tickets for me and my friends so that we wouldn't have to wait in line that evening. I got to the window and asked for 4 tickets for the 9:30 showing. The fat-ass moron working the ticket window immediately asked me how old I was, I told him 17, and he asked to see my driver's license. I showed it to him and he then informed me that because I was under 18 I couldn't buy more than one ticket for an R-rated movie. I bought the one ticket, then went to the back of the line. When I got to the ticket window again I tried to purchase another ticket, but the douche informed that I could only buy one ticket. I replied that I only wanted to buy one ticket, but he said that since I had already purchased one that I couldn't buy another. So we had to get to the movies early that evening to wait in line to buy more tickets, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid in the first place. What a piece of shit.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Some kid sitting next to me crapped his pants during Finding Nemo.

If only the Italian Job hadn't been sold out. Stupid girlfriend.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wasn't allowed to buy tickets to South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. I ended up buying tickets to Wild Wild West, sat through four minutes of it and went to see American Pie. I got there just as Jim was trying on the sock.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

For $5, I will gladly purchase R rated tickets for any kid that wants one.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Blue font?

9. I take my kids to the movies so I don't have to do any parenting.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's a terrible business idea. You'd be ponied from noon to midnight. The last time I went to the theater, matinee tickets were $8.50.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i prefer to have my kids and i huddle around the computer while i scan the internet for parenting tips from folks who've never been responsible for anyone other than themselves.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, that one could draw some entertainment.

Draft saved Draft deleted