1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TheLoveOfSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Just wondering if any of you fine folks here have heard of this Web site and what your take on it is....they were advertising on CraigsList and I'm considering applying to see how that might go....

http://theloveofsports.com/

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Based on this:

I don't think you really have to apply. Just blog away to your citizen journalist's content.

3. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Kind of the feeling I got, too.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Try Bleacherreport.com if you want to work for free on another site.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

Agreed. On their home page sits a story written by someone or something named ``Mad Love'' claiming that the Dodgers have signed Manny Ramirez. No sourcing, no links to the actual reporters with real sounding names that actually reported the story. And, well, it's kinda right. Nothing has been signed. There's just a meeting in LA on Wednesday morning. But Mad Love is close enough I guess.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

www.blogger.com

That way you can call the Web site whatever you want.

7. It's a joke, and yet the fans on school message boards love them. Oh, and they're looking for "editors" now. No pay, of course, but you do it for the fun of it.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm just amazed at all of the journalism students who write on these sites with hopes that it will land them a big gig.

9. Yeah. I know a lot of sports editors are looking for the next effing stud on bleacherreport.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted