1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Dec 4, 2008.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Juma missed out on a chance to pull the ultimate dick heel move.

The way he got the president to come out was by threatening to kill her daughter. So how do you get yourself over as an even bigger jerk? Kill the daughter anyway when Mom comes out to wave the white flag.

2. e4

e4 Member

of course it's tv and you have to suspend disbelief ... yadda yadda yadda ... but just speaking to the notion of verisimilitude: i was in the white house two summers ago for an off-hour private tour of the west wing, happened to know the right person at the time. we were told no pictures, and naturally i thought i could sneak a cell phone pic of the oval office. an agent came out of nowhere and started hovering around the group the second i started taking the phone out of my pocket. there's eyes in the sky absolutely everywhere.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wilbur Mills tried to take that route once in his car but got stuck in the Tidal Basin.

4. Boom_70

Patrick Gates

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Loved the most recent episode. I've enjoyed this season the whole way through, but Monday night was the first time I've been pissed to see an episode end. Maybe I just like it more in multiple-hour blocks - I watched the first 3 seasons on DVD and rank those well above the others.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great episode. Wondered why they just didn't bail outside onto the lawn when they were in the Oval Office. Loved it though. I couldn't believe that bastard was ready to mar Sprague Grayden's face. That chick is hot. And if they knew the bad guys were coming in through the residence, why not just scoot outside to the alley between the Oval and Exec Office building?

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

24 is true reality TV. Lots of traitors now in the federal government -- especially the White House.

That being said, what a bullshit episode.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cripes dude. Do you have to make EVERYTHING into an Obama slam fest?

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Who said anything at all about Obama? ;D

Although I can see why you'd draw that conclusion.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll just assume you were typing as if it was March 2008, and last season went off as scheduled, when you typed the words "lots of federal traiters NOW in the federal govermnent -- especially the White House."

See? I can play that game too! :D

11. Boom_70

Senator Mayer is clearly a democrat

12. mb

mb Active Member

And anybody who wants to take part in a flame war on this thread, when there's 18,000 other ones already going here ... and an entire politics sub-board ... is a douchenozzle.

Draft saved Draft deleted