1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fate of Rocky Mountain News to be announced

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MileHigh, Feb 26, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Lot of us sticking around to hoist something in the direction of the RMN at 1:45 EST, I presume?

2. Yep. I also joined the Facebook thing they have going.

For those of you on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=70419640912

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I'm doing the same. In honor of MileHigh, Tracy, and everyone else. Bless you all.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Readying a beverage as we speak.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Cracking one open when I get home.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The previously posted Restoration Ale is about to be poured in a frosty mug, waiting for the right minute.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Stings even more knowing she was the same girl pictured with her dad. Again, I hope she's too young to realize what it all means, but kids are pretty damn perceptive.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I respect the hell out of all the staffers who stayed until the very end. I hope you land on your feet quickly.

9. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I absolutely want at least one copy. Born and raised in Colorado. Went to CU in the late 1980s, graduated in 1991, and as someone alluded to earlier, the two papers were in an unreal battle at the time -- and I always went with the Rocky. I just felt it was the better product. I don't want to be ghoulish, either, but I have called two siblings who are back there, along with a couple of friends, to try to help make sure I get a copy.

MH, are you guys going out drinking somewhere tonight? Hitting LoDo? Is there a bar open late enough after you finish it off? I hope so, because you should all raise a toast to yourselves. Lots of people pulling for all you and willing to help in any way possible, as ijag already noted.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Stupid

Stupid Member

Good luck, folks. It's something we all need about now.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

1:45 EST.

I can't even imagine what these final few moments are like for the RMN staffers.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Here's to you all.

You went out newspaper(wo)men.

Draft saved Draft deleted