1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Korean granny fails drivers test 771 times

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Sub head: Granny moves to Illinois, immediately declared state's best driver

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090205/od_afp/skoreamotoringoffbeat_20090205024852

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's nothing.

[​IMG]

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

HAH! They'd give her a medal in Alabama

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

In Florida she'd be teaching Driver's Ed.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dylan should have let her practice with his car.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If she's that dumb, she shouldn't be on the road. 771 times? How many times is she getting the same questions wrong? Over and over and over and over.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife passed the written but has failed the road test twice. And she's really a good driver. Everywhere we go, she does the driving.

Silly stuff. Didn't understand examiner's instructions about making 3-point turn the first time . . . did not move into the right-hand lane of the parking lot fast enough the second time.

Attempt No. 3 is Tuesday. But she's getting discouraged. "What will I do wrong this time?" :'(

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Some of those written tests can be tricky. Passed by the skin of my teeth last time, had to nail the last 7 questions to pass and did it.

As for the granny, she's probably moved to my town and fits in fine with all the other morons on the road.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Everybody thinks the driving in their city/state is the worst. Without fail. I have never heard anyone say, "Man, my fellow commuters sure are safe and sensible." If they're all bad, then none of them are bad. It's just how people drive.

10. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

That's just a joke. She clearly shouldn't be allowed to take it anymore.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

"Every which way but loose ... you turn me every which way but loose ..."

Dated reference. ::)

In all my travels, I thought the best drivers were in ... wait for it ... Southern California. They were fast and knew what they were doing. If you don't, stay the hell off the freeway.

The worst: Easily Orlando.

"Turn where?"
    "Back there."
    "Oh." TURN

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

That's true to an extent. While you wouldn't say "Man, my fellow commuters sure are safe and sensible," you wouldn't be constantly complaining about them. I've been driving about 10 years, as a resident of two states, but the first state I drove in I don't recall complaining about that state's drivers every time I left the house the way I do in Illinois.

Draft saved Draft deleted