1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hal Mumme to battle cancer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Controversial football coach is latest to be hit by this sordid disease:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3881387&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Good luck, Coach.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you can't say something nice...say nothing at all. So I'll merely say cancer is a bitch, and I don't envy the battle ahead of him.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I hope this insufferable puke of a human being wins this battle with cancer.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jesus dude. "I hope he wins this battle with cancer" probably would have sufficed.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Sweet.

I mean sweet in that when I saw Hal Mumme involved in a thread, I had 100 bucks that IJAG would be the first or second to post.

6. imjustagirl

And I didn't even curse that fucking prick out.

Oops.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'll say this: The cancer could sack Mumme's ass back to Fourth-and-32, and he still wouldn't punt.

Good luck, Hal.

8. imjustagirl

Here's all you need to know: This has been up for 10 hours. It's only been opened 109 times, and only six people have posted. Only the thread-starter has been completely snark-free in his wishes of health.

This guy is as loathed as it comes.

9. If he wins, the score will be 52-49.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i personally can't figure out the thread title. did he choose this fight? anyway, good luck sir.

11. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

That's terrible. Good luck to Hal.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Bill Snyder is the biggest prick in the history of college football, Mumme might be a relatively close second.

That said, I hope he beats cancer.

Draft saved Draft deleted