1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008/09 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Is Garon between the pipes for Pittsburgh?

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

no..Fleury

3. Last four games, Pittsburgh under the direction of Michel Therrien have been using the 1-2-2 trap to help curb their defensive deficiencies, create more turnovers, and increase their odd-man breaks. It has worked to the tune of a 3-1 record and improved team morale and confidence. There's a considerable difference in attitude for the Pens in the last week.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Has it saved his job, though?

5. Mark - for now it has and yes to answer your question in the football thread, it is going to be two long weeks listening to the tv and radio.

6. blueview

blueview Member

So does the Therrien Death Watch continue, or was your post about him getting fired a bit premature?

Outing alert - typewriterhill is the boy who cried wolf. Or Eklund.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Canucks have lost seven straight --- and eight of nine ---- at home.

So, after a trip to league-leading San Jose and the All-Star break, guess what? Another four-game homestand.

That team is in touble.

8. ...blueview, I take it you've never had a sourced story that turned out not to happen? If you've been in or around the NHL long enough, you're going to have stories that don't pan out because of the amount of disinformation the NHL teams and agents put forth. What I know to be the truth, Shero was given the green light to fire Therrien and was prepared to make the move that day but for some reason held off.

I've heard Crosby refused to stab his coach in the back unlike some of his teammates have done through the media.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The Mats Messier Era in Vancouver is off to a glorious start.

Too bad; the Canucks played fairly well during Luongo's absence and were on their way to a decent, if unremarkable, season. Now they're sucking orca dong.

10. blueview

blueview Member

Can't say I've ever reported a story that turned out not to be true, but I don't go around throwing red herrings out on message boards, either. :)

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The Bs-Blues game is going to OT at 4-4, after video review - St. Louis was awarded the tying goal after David Backes scored with 1.5 seconds left.

Cam Neely was not happy when NESN switched the camera to his box.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hahahahaha.....that's awesome. The post, I mean....but I can't say I'm at all upset to see Sundin stinking up Stanley Park.

Mats Messier, love it! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted