1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

greensboro buyouts 11/7

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spankys, Nov 7, 2008.

1. spankys

spankys Member

2. John Newsom

John Newsom Member

Here's a somewhat more official version: www.news-record.com/content/2008/11/07/article/news_record_issuing_employee_buyout_program

No, I don't know how this will affect Sports (which is down to four full-time staff writers) or the newsroom. If you go with the highball 10 percent, that'll be 10 or so out of the newsroom.

Yes, it stinks. Wish us luck.

3. John Newsom

John Newsom Member

Sorry to bump a relatively ancient thread, but Rob Daniels took the buyout. He doesn't have a full-time gig lined up yet, but I don't expect him to sit on the bench long. We're really going to miss Rob here.

Jeff Mills will be taking his spot on the college beat. Jeff worked on the sports desk here for about a decade and returns to Sports after a year in News. Please say hi to Jeff if you see him at the Dean Dome, Cameron, etc.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Holy crap, I can't believe Bob (sic) Daniels is off the ACC beat. A terrific spaz, great guy, outstanding writer.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Whoa.

Yeah, Jeff Daniels will be missed on the ACC beat. Best to all ...

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Jeff Daniels? He's coaching the Albany River Rats.

Draft saved Draft deleted