1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naming help - SERIOUS replies only

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"and his dog, Spot."

Saw these commercials a million times growing up in Long Beach. And like many, I always thought he was saying, "Pussy Cow!"

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Moddy: It's important you put your first choice first. Because, as dogs go, they seem to gravitate to the family member most ambivalent about their presence. So she will become Your Dog, hop in your lap, listen to you only, no matter who her owner might be.

My idea is Miracle, because we're in the fourth quarter and the Lions are tied with the Colts, 21-21. That is a freaking miracle by any measure.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, what's the dog's name?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sue's Miss Christmas is the full name.
    Still no decision on what she'll actually call it. She says she'll make that call tomorrow after we pick her up and she spends some time with her.
    I still like Noelle, though Holly seems to be gaining favor. We had a dog named Molly and there's some reluctance to pick a name that rhymes with that.
    One of the kids suggested "Natty" as kind of a joke. Even as a Nats fanboi, I don't much like it as the name. The Queen has it on her list.
    Stay tuned.

Ella, Noelle, Natty, Holly, Belle, Dixie, Daisy (please God no, please God no) are among the MANY names still in contention. This could last the weekend.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ella is solid.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I vote Dixie. It's a fine name for yelling across the neighborhood when playing fetch. [/whatdoyouexpectofaSoutherner?]

Natty is no good. Then the dog would be nothing but a disappointment. ;D

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My sister named her rabbit Natty. But not after the team, after the atrocious beer.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What was wrong with Moddie?

10. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Gotta love Carlin

11. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Yeah...I hear Natty and I think beer pong in a dingy, smoky basement, not baseball

12. KG

KG Active Member

My Daisy just ate a Nats hat and doesn't know why.

Draft saved Draft deleted