1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take care of yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny_Dangerously, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Re: Take care of yourself (LiveSTRONG)

5x4 @ 215 today.

One of the trainers told me afterward he was impressed. He's hot, so I blushed.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm probably not as hot as that trainer, but I'm impressed.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Thanks, tater-tots. And nice work at the DL lift. How's the straight bar feeling?

4. Smallpotatoes

It didn't cut my shins yesterday. Still a work in progress, but I'm aiming for 400 in my next meet, hopefully sometime in March.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Shoot, dude, that's awesome. I'll maybe have my DL up to 200 by then. Maybe.

6. alan1066

alan1066 New Member

This may have already been mentioned, but Lance Armstrong uses Twitter.  From the tweets (posts) on there, it appears to really be him.  Aside from posts like his trips to starbucks, reading the paper, etc., he has some great information. 

7. joe

joe Active Member

Today, ran that 10K. Now I want to die because that's just a hateful distance for a 40-year-old man who never has run that far before in his life.

Ran the first 1.5 miles without stopping to walk, then ran mostly half-miles or 0.6 of a mile or so before slowing to 4.0 mph for 0.05 or a tenth of a mile. I did manage three-quarters of a mile somewhere along the way, but that's the best after the opening salvo. To make up a little of the time walking cost me, I usually sped up to about 8.0 mph for the last 0.15 of those half-miles. Usually.

Time = 57:33.

I'll sleep the sleep of the dead tonight. Three hours at a time.

Joe

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Running = sheer boredom for me.

Blech. I don't see the point. My heart and I get more out of 10 minutes of HIIT than 30 minutes of steady-state cardio and I just don't have the attention span to run aimlessly for an hour.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

5x4 @ 170 for my deadlift today.

Heading for a massage in a few minutes.

10. Smallpotatoes

Good work

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Working hard on cardio with my trainer. The last two times we've done that, it's been:
    • 10 minutes on the treadmill, as far and as fast as I can (last night, 0.96 miles, 5.7 to 5.8 mph average)
    • After a brief breath catching moment, six minutes on the treadmill walking backwards at 2.3 mph with a 15 percent incline.
    • Eight minutes walking forward on the treadmill at 3 mph with the same incline
    • One minute at 3.5
    • One minute at 4

12. joe

joe Active Member

Today, two workouts for the price of one.

First, five rounds of five 225-pound deadlifts and 10 burpees. Time = 10:50.

Second, nine sets of one rep each of split jerks. My form sucked, so I could only count the 95-pound, 100, 105, 95 and 100-pound reps. Went up to 120, but I missed on the form from 110 on up, so no good. That split jerk motion is an awkward one.

Dips: 10, 7, 5, 5, 4 = 31. Best yet since I started doing them again semi-regularly.

Good job, Matt. Keep it up.

Joe

Draft saved Draft deleted