1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Sloppy Seconds" - What's the worst an ex (or current) has said about you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 3, 2008.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

He got a bigger penalty from the NHL than if he would have high-sticked the puckbunny's new beau.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

If he'd even had a stick in the first place, maybe he'd still be the current beau. ;D

3. Baloo

Baloo Member

The NHL will lose what little credibility it has in the U.S. if Avery isn't heavily punished. He made a derogatory comment. Really, are there people who think his comment was OK, just because his ex now is dating another nhl player? If so, that's disgraceful.

4. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

My favorite was when I was told I was "too nice."

I laughed at her, which pissed her off epically, then never talked to her again.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

"You're nothing more than independent league fodder."

6. The Granny

The Granny Guest

"I had to strap a 2x4 to my ass so I didn't fall in while we were making sweaty, monkey love."

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Sounds kinky.

8. The Granny

The Granny Guest

If he wasn't hung like a pimple, I would agree.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

What exactly does it mean when someone tells you that? I have heard it before and my first reaction is to ask "Do you want me to slap you around or something?"

10. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I was asked this same question by a friend after it happened. I told him that I should have just screwed around with her sister, that would have probably have made it work.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ahh, yes. "You're too nice."

That translates in dooleyfish to: "I like you, but I'll never like you that way."

Either swallow your pride and be friends (which can work, believe it or not), or move on. No sense wasting your time trying to dig for a relationship with someone who doesn't want one with you.

Look for someone who IS into you that way.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't know what was said, but I was completely excoriated behind my back by one ex. Summer after freshman year, girlfriend breaks up with me. Says she wants her stuff back. I put it all in a shoebox and drive over to her house. Nobody answers doorbell. So I leave the box on the doorstep where I know she'll see it. It rains. Contents of box are ruined.

During the summer, I work for a locally owned furniture store. She sits with the owner's kids. One day several weeks later, there are no deliveries to make, so boss sends me to her house to do yard work. Clean gutters, etc. Ex is at boss' pool with boss' kids, who were like 10 and 12 years old, and the whole time I'm there, she's just telling the kids how lowsy I am, ripping me a new one.

Coupla days later boss tells me about it and apologizes profusely.

Happy ending: The next spring, after she came home from her first year of college, we actually got together and talked. She apologized. I apologized. Got the best kiss of my life. And that was it. I've seen her once since, in passing while walking around on campus.

Draft saved Draft deleted