1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 14 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't Boise hook up with Louisville in Memphis a few seasons back?

2. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

The Liberty Bowl is one of the places I was thinking of that would be a great place for BSU-BSU. Or maybe one of the bowls in Texas. Basically, someplace that would be roughly halfway between both schools. Of course, a lot of wheeling and dealing would need to take place to get this done.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Yep, back in '04 when the Liberty was a C-USA vs. WAC matchup. Great game, too, one of the best bowls of that postseason. These days, the SEC's 13th-place team has its meathooks in that one.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know they've got to sell tickets, but it would be nice to see some of the lower tier bowls mix up their tie-ins every now and then.
    Memphis is a good bowl town, I'd say San Antonio, New Orleans, I guesss DC, Vegas, and Nashville.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That would be a must-see. And a bonus for any Cardinals fans who thought they might get the traditional Motor City Bowl.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

YOU ONLY COVER US WHEN WE BOTH GO UNDEFEATED!

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If the Motor City Bowl got Central or Western Michigan in exchange for Ball State, I would think they would be amenable if some cash was thrown in.

The MAC has more than enough teams to fill their other bowl tie-ins, so it would be awesome to make Ball State-Boise State happen. I'll bet it would get better coverage and more interest than a random Utah-ACC/Big East champion BCS bowl will.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If they could get Bemidji State and Bowie State involved, they could have a nice little all-BSU doubleheader ...

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Ross M. Walsh, 26, of Linden, Iowa, and Lois K. Feldman, 38, of Carroll, Iowa, were cited for misdemeanor indecent conduct. Walsh was released to his girlfriend and Feldman to her husband, police said.

Awesome ...

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Michigan leaving the Big Ten.

My friend just sent me this page. I don't know if he made it, but he may have too much time on his hands. Anyway it's pretty funny.

http://www.detroitfreep.info/article/20081124/SPORTS06/811240387/1048/

11. I'm sorry, but I remain opposed to the death penalty in all cases.

Draft saved Draft deleted