1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picky eaters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 18, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which means Milhouse is a sock puppet. Awesome.

FOAF, PM me when we get to page 7.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This reminds me of one night when MrsExpendable and I were eating at a Cracker Barrel. Two tables over, there was this girl, who was probably nine or ten years old. We glanced in horror, as she proceeded to mush up everything on her plate until it was a gray paste and then eat it. She made a mess that I don't think my kids have ever made, even when they were first learning how to use utensils. It was entertaining until our food arrived. Then it became the sickest thing I've ever seen in a restaurant.

Edit: Too bad this post didn't flip over to the top of page seven. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I won't eat lettuce and tomato on a hamburger.
    Ketchup, mustard, thumb tacks and crayons.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

You drank Dewars scotch at seven?

Man. That's hard-core.

Edit: WELCOME BACK IJAG!!!!

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much the same way.

Hate any salad such as chicken, macaroni, potato, egg, tuna, etc. I just can't eat the stuff because I can't stand the taste/smell of them and I don't know what was mixed in. My grandma has about 249872407849087 different recipes for each, and I still won't eat the stuff. I'll even watch her make a salad and see everything she puts in it, and I still won't touch it.

And the weird thing? I love chicken, eggs, tuna, potatoes and macaroni. But I will not eat it if it's in a salad of some sort.

Some other foodstuffs I hate, seeing as the holidays are upon us: Sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. Sweet potatoes make me retch and cranberry sauce serves absolutely no purpose with me.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are we going to fight about DC versus Marvel comics, or 'Star Blazers' versus 'Battle of the Planets'?

If anybody picks 'Battle of the Planets' over 'Star Blazers,' I'm going to knock the cafeteria tray out your hands and make you eat pickled beets.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'll have you know I went to Subway because of this thread.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To quote FOAF, that sounds like a dare....but it also made me laugh, so I'll play nice.

9. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

I love this. My uncle taught me to mix mashed potatoes and corn together when I was about 5 years old. It was the best thing I'd ever seen...

And since I didn't read every page of this, here's my input...I don't like brusselsprouts and I'm afraid to eat sushi. Other than that, I don't think there is anything within reason I won't eat or at least try. That dude on the travel channel that goes around the world and eats everything is a little much, but I think I could do his job for a day or two if he needed a break.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Spoken like a true Sconnie, where Thanksgiving food is made to be eaten, not managed.

11. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

That's one more day per year than my parents ever asked what I wanted for dinner. I think that's why I am not picky at all. I was given dinner and if I didn't like it, I went hungry. If I asked for a snack later, my dinner was re-heated (usually) and put back in front of me. I learned to eat everything pretty early on.

Draft saved Draft deleted