1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

782 !!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 23, 2008.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

You might be surprised. Here's how the scores are generally scored (according to Wikipedia, so you know it has to be 100 percent dead-on right):

-35 percent punctuality of payment
    -30 percent amount of revolving debt (ratio of how much debt to available credit)
    -15 percent length of credit history
    -10 percent types of credit used
    -10 percent recent search for credit/amount of credit obtained recently

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I love wikipedia because like ESPN, it is never wrong.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought this was about the stock market.

4. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

Mister ... Mister Blutarsky. Zero-point-zero.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

All it needs is its own people "confirming" stories other people have already done.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

*bump* LOL

I just ran my first-ever online credit check...may need some short-term store credit in the next week or so (one of those six months same as cash things), so I took a deep breath. I got a 663. Much better than I thought, and I imagine it'll be better when I say fuck off Bank of America in two months.

How's 663 rank, generally? I know 830 is pristine.

I still don't think we'll get the credit. At all.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm sending your Saigon Kick headband COD, let's put it that way.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome!

Make sure it has the live acoustic version of "Love Is On The Way." The one from Japan, skippy, not the one from America. I've already got that one.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

An accidental repossession has fucked up my credit score. It's still good, but it should be really, really good. I've found it impossible to get in touch with an actual human being in trying to get it taken off.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I told you I was getting my copy of The Great Southern Trendkill back no matter what I had to do.

Go Facebook yourself, Pallister!!!

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

*bump again* LOL

Just read this interesting NY Times article on how the time may be good soon for first-time home buyers: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/06/business/yourmoney/06money.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&no_interstitial (Also notice the number of same-sex couples the reporter speaks to, goddamn liberal media!!)

In there it says that those with a credit score of 720 get the best rates. So for those more intelligent than me (line forms to the left), how long would it take to get to 720 from 663? Or is it impossible with my bad history (15 years worth of credit card debt from which I'm just escaping)?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh and we didn't get the credit.

The truly awesomely ironic thing? AIG handles the credit for the store at which we were shopping. Assholes. Get your fucking house in order before you decline my credit.

Draft saved Draft deleted