1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek Jeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Oct 4, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sox-Rays won't even be to the sixth inning by that point tomorrow night.

2. KP

KP Active Member

Good thing it's not Kazmir-Matsuzaka, it would only be the fourth.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My favorite part, that I couldn't possibly explain in 160 characters of a text (BTW, only the first post and the towel-waving were for the board's eyes. I wasn't clear in explaining that to Zeke).

The Phanatic comes out with a Dodgers batting helmet with dreadlocks on the back. Drops it on the ground right in front of the Dodgers dugout, smashes it, plays air guitar, does his thrust thing right at Manny 3-4 times...the song? "Get a haircut." :D

Made me giggle.

Anyway, it was a ball. I'm glad I went (though I could have used a Howard hit).

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2 pitches beat LA.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Charlie Manuel's mother died this morning. He is at the ballpark and will manage today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-phillies-manuel&prov=ap&type=lgns

6. Damn, that's awful.

When my mom dies, I won't be going to work that day.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If the Phillies win the World Series, Brett Myers will have played a large role. He has ace-type stuff. If Myers is on, he and Hamels make a hell of a 1-2 in the rotation.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Sandy Koufax in the house in Philly ... cool ...

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can we just have this called off because of the mercy rule?

I suppose a silver lining is that the '81 Dodgers were down 2-0 to the Yankees before winning 4 straight ...

10. Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

Wow! Where was this Dodgers team in the NLDS against the Cubs. Shows how much the Cubs choked.

11. Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

Did Brett Myers get a new hitting coach for the postseason?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

MANNY!

Draft saved Draft deleted