1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 Running Thread: Didn't some QB wear No. 4?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 24, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This is not breaking news, but Dallas' offense is at its best when they run the football first and throw second. Barber sledgehammers defenses and Jones is dynamite. Opponents begin to have DBs creep up to stop the run. How to the 'Boys combat that? All Dallas has is Owens, Jason Witten and an assortment of speed threats. Owens' presence demands double coverage, which opens up the field for the rest of the receiving corp.

It should be stunning, but it's not. Owens has a chance to be on a Super Bowl winning team, but he's going to piss it away with his selfishness.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I couldn't put it any better, HB.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Without a real discipline presence on that team--no, Wade Phillips doesn't count--Dallas is going to acquiesce to Owens' demands. And it's going to hurt the 'Boys' Super Bowl dreams. Real good defenses (Giants and Eagles immediately come to mind) are to blitz the hell out of Romo and will beat up on Owens.

It's too bad Jimmy Johnson is retired. I'd love to see what he could do with this team.

4. I wouldn't take this too far. Owens is a competitor . He gives 100 percent on the field. Hell, he chased someone halfway across the field recently to make the tackle after an interception. He plays to win.

It's the off-the-field shit you have to worry about. He doesn't have the maturity to deal with adversity.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Again, agreed WB. I'm just sick of these high expectations and then getting served a big sack of fail come January. And, yes I know, poor Cowboys fans ... ::)

6. Don't you roll your eyes at me, young man, Philly fans know all about coming up short in the playoffs. I'm sure no one feels sorry for us.

Oops, forgot the smiley: :D

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Well if I hadn't said it, someone would've lol

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I didn't even read any of the posts I just started writing.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I think the Ravens should have won last night then they would be undefeated and go all the way to the Charmions of the Superbowl what do you think Rambo?

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I know what your saying man, like the last couple of years the O-Line has not been the same.

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I think your a fucking kid still talking about that childish stuff.

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I disagree with you're opion and just want to know what you think so can you answer the question?

Draft saved Draft deleted