1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 Running Thread: Didn't some QB wear No. 4?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

:-*

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Damn I still cant understand why Linehan made that fucking change at QB in week 4 before he got fired.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

By the way what hell happened to the Ravens last night they should have won that game they just let the Steelers back in it, and couldn't move the ball down field in OT for the GW field goal.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

By time the fucking Lions do something right that would make there fans happy fire that idiot Millen. Now they need to fire Rod that asshole is a no good of a coach here in Detroit we need him gone too and bring in Bill C and Floyd Reese as the GM and restore some respect in that organization.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How the hell did you quote a post that shows up two posts after yours?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mendenhall has been playing like a deer looking at headlights, and Simmons has never caught the world on fire. Moore can do the job.

What troubles me the most is the lack of preparation on the offensive side of the football. What is so crazy about a three-step drop? Miller and Ward are very good running the short stuff. Why does the offense keep trying to throw the ball 15-20 yards down the field?

Lewis was a monster last night. To see the last few years of his career wasted on another young QB is a shame.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I liked the Jets and Steelers retro uniforms, especially the Jets.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Dude is magic. He knew you were going to post that question, too.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I go the other way on that--thought they were both hideous.

I don't know why a league, that for the most part has some classic uniform looks, including these two teams, feels a need to trot teams out in something that bears a resemblance to a college kid's projectile vomit after a long night of beers and Jagermeister and a trip to Burrito City.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Retro unis that should replace the current duds...

1. Bucs
    2. Patriots
    3. Bills
    4. Cincy (They have never had a nice uniform.)
    5. Oilers
    6. Jags (need a new look)

Heck, all the new designs are terrible with the exception of the Texans.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They needed to do those things anyway. I'm not sure if it is the design of the plays or the decisions made by Roethlisberger and the receivers, but the Steelers seem to have a lot of plays where there is no underneath receiver. They have to do a better job on outlet passes, which is what they did on the final drive with two passes to Moore to set up the field goal.

I was hoping to see more of Mendenhall, too, but I really don't think that injury is a killer if they can get the other backs healthy.

12. The Steelers are dead in the water Sunday. Then they have a buy week to things straightened out. Hopefully Fast Willie will be back and ready to go.
    They need a running back or two for Sunday. Somebody who can pass protect.

One thing that kills me - absolutely kills me - about Arians' offense is the lack of a screen pass. Really? How 'bout a screen pass once in a while.
    Under Cowher and Wisenhunt, you could count on a screen pass play about six times a game. Now - nada.

The Steelers retro unis suck. So did the Jets. Was that even green?

What doesn't Pittsburgh try a Black out on MNF and SNF games? The whole stadium to wear black. Hopefully it wouldn't produce the same results as it did for Georgia.

PS Kiss my ass Ravens. You still suck.
    Joe Flacco. Ha!

Tony Kornheiser has a look custom-made for radio. The dude is really getting thin. He needs to shave his head or get a wig.

Draft saved Draft deleted