1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grants Pass sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lance Ogden GP, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jps

jps Active Member

abides what? some youngster not bothering to even type his name and instead simply calling him the dude in charge, I guess?

edit: lance ... if anyone broke out 'dude' in his resume or letter ... well, do what you feel is appropriate.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not a fan of pop culture references in professional writing, but it's ok on a message board.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

uhm, dude. seriously? If we're going to be so picky about the use of "dude," well, then maybe we should be picky about capitalization and such.

calling someone "dude" can't be that big of an offense, even on the jobs board. seems like there should be fires to put out other places...

just sayin'

4. apologies, jps. let me rephrase.

mr. ogden, over tea and crumpets, notified me promptly that he has received resumes and is going through them.

(of course, he mentioned this on the thread, not to me directly, though i do know someone who is applying for the gig. i was being a wise ass in response to angola!'s query.)

irish, you and the guy (not dude, of course) who has the handle "thedudeabides" have now made sure that i'll be watching tbl in the next 24 hours.

and to lance, apologies for being a dumbass on the thread about your opening.

5. jps

jps Active Member

ducks ... just struck me as odd that the se at this place starts the thread, takes questions, then a few posts above says he's gonna start going over stuff ... then we get 'the dude in charge' is going over stuff.

trust me -- I 'dude' all the time. I have not a single problem with its use in general. just seemed outofplace here is all.

6. jps

jps Active Member

no problem, seriously. just in an odd mood today, I guess. anyone being a smartass to gola is cool with me, anyway. he needs it.

7. jps

jps Active Member

nah ... gola's seriously that lame.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

My only hope is that Lance hires someone before the Germans can cut my dick off.

9. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

If I wasn't such a shit writer and terrible on deadline and tied down to the Northeast, I would send my resume and a kidney to get this gig.

If Lance is half as good a sports editor as he is a person, the prospective hire at GP should consider himself lucky.

10. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Don't be fatuous, Irish.

11. jps

jps Active Member

I'd say he's about a third as good.
    ;)

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Did somebody call me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.