1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

REO Speedwagon sucks serious ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Sep 11, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. Boognish

Boognish Member

Indeed. And they have no sense of humor. One of my favorite band names off all time: REO SPEEDEALER (come on, that's pretty funny). Anyway, back in the late 90s, SPEEDWAGON sued SPEEDEALER. The nancies won. No more REO SPEEDEALER, which I still say is the best band name of all time.

http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-trade/miscellaneous-retail-retail-stores-not/4628672-1.html

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

REO Blows.

No, I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

This thread is awfully harsh toward a perfectly fine truck.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It gets worse. The same 'burb was once home to the studio where Styx made its most popular records.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

REO was fine until they got a little bit of national chart action with "Time For Me To Fly" and decided to go the pussy-rock route. Sellouts.

BTW, I googled "Time For Me To Fly" and got a lot of Jonas Brothers hits. My FM radio weeps.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Oh no you didn't just take a shot at Styx.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He has too much time on his hands

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

angola is the poster boy of what's wrong with america.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Back at work, same server full of iTunes songs.

Just listened to Counting Crow's August and Everything After for the first time.

Not too bad. It's like a slightly more rock version of Coldplay.

Anyway, I'm going with some Depeche Mode's Music for the Masses or Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell or Pat Benetar's Wide Awake in Dreamland or perhaps The Police's Synchronicity.

Not really sure which one yet.

All I know is, this paper has some weird fucking music selections on its server.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

When Styx does balls to the wall rock, they're awesome. When they did the whole Dennis DeYoung operatic thing IN ADDITION TO his Tommy on LSD "Mr. Roboto" bullshit, they died a little bit.

Now that DeYoung's out of the picture, they can go back to rocking the nostalgia act-loving set.

Draft saved Draft deleted