1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Kids Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by partain, Aug 14, 2008.

1. partain

partain Member

Editor for Sports Newspaper/Website

Publication or Company Manhattan Media

Industry Internet/Online/New Media, Newspapers

Benefits 401K/403B, Dental, Health

Job Duration Full Time

Job Location New York, NY USA

Job Requirements This position entails coordinating all editorial aspects of a soon-to-launch monthly newspaper and website focusing on New York City kids’ sports, from the elementary to high school levels. Multi-tasking, organizational, writing and editing skills are a must; knowledge of New York City kids’ sports is strongly preferred. The editor will conceive of and assign stories; manage freelance writers, photographers and copy editors; coordinate layout; contribute content; spearhead design and artwork; and work with the publication’s advertising and web team. If you’re a journalist with a love of sports, this job is for you.

www.manhattanmedia.com

I doubt this pays enough for anyone to move to Manhattan, but if you like youth sports and are already in the area, it might be a nice gig.

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I thought everybody loved youth sports.

3. LemMan

LemMan Member

So how do you apply? I went to the Web site and couldn't find a link...

4. partain

partain Member

Sorry about that. It was listed on mediabistro.com. It looks like you apply through that site.

http://www.mediabistro.com/joblistings/jobview.asp?joid=82002&page=1

5. turnovers

turnovers Member

Everyone loves youth sports --- especially parents. Their kids work so hard. And they all deserve to be in a newspaper or magazine. EVERY. ONE. OF. THEM.

Draft saved Draft deleted