1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spanish basketball team racist, culturally insensitive or just a bunch of fools?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom_Brinkman01, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

use his last name, bastard.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

His last name is Bastard? Geez, that's a tough break.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it was bastard, wasn't it?

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Re: Spanish basketball team racist, culturally insensitive or just a bunch of fo

I love Chinese people. I rove Asian people. What with changing their Ls to Rs and the like.

I often wonder if theres not offices of Chinese or Japanese dudes sitting around speaking in Hank Hill-like voices to mock us. I would find it highly ammussing.

5. Thanks for worrying about my future
    I'm sorry, the racial slur wasn't intended to offend. I want to say that I have a great respect for the Spanish and their peoples. Some of my best friends in Toronto are of Spanish origin. Whoever interprets something else from my post has taken it completely the wrong way.

And I'm also sorry because I thought sportsjournalists.com was just a messageboard where disillusioned sports scribes jump on to rip on colleagues and jobs, as well spend countless hours posting back and forth about nothing. I can only hope my post does not jeopardize my career in this industry.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

LOL!!!!

Classic

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

some of my best friends ... that's rich.

8. http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/7721840

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Re: Spanish basketball team racist, culturally insensitive or just a bunch of fo

Well, not all Spaniards. Sergio calls Tiger Woods "Sir."

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dale Carnegie bows before you.

11. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

If this isn't the stupidest thread this board has ever had, it's certainly on the short list.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[reggiewhite]Asians are good at math and science. They can take a tv and turn it into a watch.[/reggiewhite]

In all seriousness, for all the race-relations problems we have in the U.S., I find myself constantly amazed at some of the things I see and hear when traveling abroad.

Draft saved Draft deleted