1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's exactly what I was wondering too. It just seems...odd to trade a HOF catcher--one clearly on the downside, sure, but still better than most--to a team that's competing with you for a playoff spot.

Pudge has a pretty well-earned rep as a diva. I wonder if the Tigers just got tired of it.

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I'd be shocked if Wade Davis goes in that deal.

3. From what I've heard, Pirates won't move Bay to Tampa without Davis or Jeremy Hellickson. They're looking for a #1 or #2 starting pitcher but considering they reduced their demands for Nady with New York, it wouldn't surprise me if Huntington is taken to the cleaners again.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fucking Pirates.

Just when it seems like they have put together a decent batting order, instead of sitting on it for next year and hope the pitching improves (becuase all those fuckers will hit again in 09) they blow it up.

I can hadle the Nady trade. They needed to make room for the kid in AAA, but trading Bay just pisses me off.

I will pray to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ tonight that Mark Cuban will own them before I am too fucking old to enjoy a winning baseball team.

Every fucking year.

5. 93Devil, you might as well scratch Cuban off your dream list because he's a finalist for the Cubs and Bob Nutting has little interest selling the Pirates knowing he can clear $5-10 million in profits every year and not have MLB force him to spend money on players.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Oooooh, I hope this turns into a salary cap thread.
    (Shaking with giddyness)

7. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Paging BYH

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

37 minutes? Your spidey sense isn't tingling the way it used to :)

10. It appears the Boston, Florida and Pittsburgh deal is almost done.

I've heard Pittsburgh gets Jeremy Hermida and 3 prospects, Boston receives Jason Bay and John Grabow, and Florida acquires Manny Ramirez, cash and a prospect.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Manny will be dead in a week chasing fly balls in that cavernous left field at Dolphins Stadium ... if the humidity doesn't get him first.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

His spidey sense is finished after ... oh, you've heard this one before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.