1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

WWE Unforgiven poster. Looks like Kane has a push coming, but who knows.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Thanks for ruining the shock for me Jelly ...

:D

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Well, dammit. I thought everyone knew SD wasn't live?

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

There was a rumor circulating that WWE wanted to start airing SD! live. I don't know what the take on that is now, especially considering the change in television networks, but talks were out there.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm not sure if anyone is aware or cares, but it's been confirmed by J.R. on his blog that Jonathan Coachman is waiting for his WWE contract to expire so that he can take a job with ESPN. I don't know as to what position Coachman was hired for, but he's been looking to get out of WWE for awhile now it seems.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Damn. I'll miss Coach.

But on the bright side, he isn't bad in the booth.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I thought Coach played his "role" well, but I've always heard his heart wasn't really in wrestling. He did college sports this year a few times for CST and wasn't half bad.

In fact, I'm sure people that didn't know Jonathan Coachman as Coach would probably think he was an excellent commentator. I just can't get Coach out of my head when I hear him though.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, I believe Coachman was working in Kansas City as a sportscaster and got the WWE's attention when he reported on Owen Hart's tragic death for one of the local stations.

9. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

I haven't seen Coach on the programs much lately, but then again I haven't watched much wrestling recently either.

10. He played his spots with the Rock perfectly.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Coach had enough exposure to catchphrases during his WWE stint. Guess he'll bring that to ESPN at least.

::)

12. td truckers

td truckers Member

For those wondering, the above posted Kane Unforgiven poster is a FAKE say several wrestling sites...it's just a copy and paste job from artwork on a Kane DVD in 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted