1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iranian Won't Swim With a Jew.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 23, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And two zig-zags.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile,the Israeli is laughing his ass off. 'Like I should care if this schmuck gets in the pool??'

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

I love the advertisements on this page and their relevance to the subject matter.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

For the 23,000th time . . . he never said he "wanted to wipe out Israel."

He said Israel would be wiped out . . . as a course of events, much like Khruschev's "We will bury you!" threat to the United States. Khruschev didn't mean, "We will wipe you out with nuclear weapons!!" He only meant that his country's system would reign superior. And he was about as correct as Ahmadinejad.

Can we please put this myth to rest once and for all? We're bleeping journalists.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

-New York Times, October 30, 2005

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

About 150 words that said nothing.

Much like Bush's "with us or against us" said nothing.

How many nations that are not "with us" have we attacked?

But keep quaking in your boots over Ahmadinejad's speech --- now almost three years old, by the way --- if you wish. "We'll put a boot in their ass . . . and pay $10 a gallon for gas."

Sic 'em, Toby.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, this is about one bigot and you are desperately trying to stretch it into something more.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Post nos. 4 through 20 on this thread were amazing...what a disappointing other three pages.

9. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Jews can't swim.

/Mel Gibson

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"
    Noah how long can you tread water? " / God

11. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Well played.

12. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

Hey BTE. Can you clarify a little? I think you meant to say Ahmadinejad is not as powerful a threat as our government portrays him as. That's certainly a reasonable opinion.
    But your comments read like you're saying I shouldn't worry about a world leader who says, "Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement."
    To not worry about that would be reprehensible at best and anti-Semetic at worst, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted