1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That does suck. I wanna see him in traction, dammit. In the 1980s, we would've gotten a long drawn out hospital angle. Now? Oh, the bumper skimmed his head. Bullshit is what it is.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, be thankful it's that as opposed to Rikishi admitting to trying to run over Austin, then the next week having Triple H pay him or something. Or one of the myriad of WWF and WCW angles that ended with ... no ending.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Someone beat me to the Rikishi joke earlier this week, but after it happened I was wondering if we were going to find that out it was him driving the car -- at Wrestlemania 26.
    *Sigh* If only Cheatum was still around...

4. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Triple-H's busting up of the Edge-Vicky wedding reception was hilarious. Nothing more touching like the gift of a sledge hammer.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I enjoyed the segment. It set the seeds for the beginning of a very good Edge-HHH feud.

6. td truckers

td truckers Member

You got to think Undertaker is coming back at any time now too, and he'll be coming for Edge...the consensus was he'd be back for SummerSlam...I wonder, does Vicki lift the "banishment" on Taker to get back at Edge?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hunter's got a lot of practice at breaking up weddings and ceremonies with hidden videos. Heck, that's how the whole Stephanie thing started.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Prediction for an underwhelming Great American Bash card:

Triple H over Edge
    CM Punk over Batista
    Jericho over HBK
    Mark Henry over Tommy Dreamer (is this really the best they can do?)
    Festus/Jesse win the Tag Titles
    JBL over Cena
    Natalya over Michelle McCool

9. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

My GAB picks:
    Trips over Edge
    CM Punk over Batista (opens the door for Batista's heel turn)
    HBK over Jericho
    Mark Henry over Tommy Dreamer
    Hawkins and Ryder in the 4-way tag (to give it to Finley and Hornswoggle would be the ultimate FU to the tag team belts. Not quite David Arquette, but gets close).
    Cena over JBL
    Natalia (whom I'm digging as a redhead) over Ms. Undertaker

Is it me, or does anyone else think that Kennedy (Kennedy) has lost his way at WWE? Think about it: a year ago this time, he was on the verge of a major push that was supposed to put him in main event status. Instead, he gets injured, loses his MITB, suspended for the funny stuff and then rushed through an angle with HBK before spinning into mid-card central. Hell, Brian Kendrick and Jamie Noble are getting better storylines than he is these days.

Please, please, please find a way to keep the Edge/Vickie Guerrero wedding planner around. Yummy goodness indeed.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Triple H vs. Edge goes to a no contest
    CM Punk beats Batista
    Jericho beats HBK
    Mark Henry beats Tommy Dreamer, but something happens here
    Jesse & Festus win (hard to disagree with the response the big goon gets)
    Cena over JBL (this will end it)
    Natalya over Michelle McCool

11. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Yeah, like when Terry Gordy piledrived Ted Dibiase about 4-5 times on Georgia Championship Wrestling, including once on the concrete. Dibiase talks about it in his book. Before the match he drew his own blood, put it in a balloon, put the balloon in his mouth and then popped it after one of the piledrivers. The ref picked it up.
    He was in the hospital for a week totally faking the neck and internal injuries, confounding the doctors who wondered where all they blood came from. GCW dragged that angle out for weeks before Dibiase and Tommy Rich got their revenge on the Freebirds.
    Now ... THAT was an angle.

The video is wavy, but it's still great stuff ...

12. NDub

NDub Guest

Anyone know where to find a live video feed of the GAB tonight?

Draft saved Draft deleted