1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre's first interview since March is with...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Norman Stansfield, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smart move by Favre.

Here are his choices:

Al Jones: Has zero credibility.

Peter King: Might have to point out how flaky Favre has been regarding his retirement.

Mort: Even as a Favre apologist, Mort would have to ask some hard questions.

Wisconsin media: Please, Favre hates all of them.

Greta: Knows nothing about football other than her love of Favre. Doesn't know enough to ask the hard questions.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Doesn't this deserve some kind of rebuke from King and Mortensen, to go outside of sports journalism entirely and seek out an interviewer who spends her days talking about celebirty court cases?

Favre has more than a little Willie Stark in him, I do say.

3. Mizzougrad96

Greta will be sympathetic to his plight and she will not ask any hard questions. She can plead ignorance since she doesn't cover football.

4. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about. As a Packers shareholder, Packer fan and Wisconsin native, Greta would be COMPLETELY unbiased about the way she would approach that interview.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I just heard Greta on the radio; paraphrasing, she said:

"I can't understand why the Packers won't just give Brett his release after all he's done for the organization. It shouldn't be all about business and contracts and money. This is Green Bay and they should do the right thing. They should let Brett play where he wants to play."

6. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

I bet you Ted Thompson is sitting there, saying "Well now that Greta mentioned that, you know what? She's right. Brett here's your release. Go play with the Vikings"

7. Mizzougrad96

We have our answer about how she got the interview.

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Nice lead on that link:

I just interviewed Brett Favre in Mississippi.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hoo boy.

Thank God the Brewers got CC Sabathia and someone got caught trying to fuck a corpse, otherwise, there'd be some folks in Wisconsin looking pretty stupid right now.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Love how Peter King is now quoting his own questions.

"I think that's an awfully vain way to write a story," Hammer Pants said. "I think he sounds a little bitter that Brett won't return his texts."

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Greta got her start in sports: OJ.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Did anybody see this? Was there anything resembling a tough question asked?

Draft saved Draft deleted