1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. WS

WS Member

$3.89 today. It was $3.69 Monday, went up 5 cents Tuesday and Wednesday and went up 10 cents today.

Oil company CEOs should be high on everyone's sh!t list from now on. Of course, they should have been already.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shit, it might happen by 2 p.m. Friday.

My wife's Camry was running on fumes. So I drove it over to a station that's usually 10 cents cheaper than everywhere else. At $3.79, customers had pumped the tanks empty.

I drive to the next station, where it's $3.89. After I start pumping, the attendant came out to raise the price to $3.99.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://www.slate.com/id/2191491/?GT1=38001#

Hey dude, shut the fuck up.
    I don't give a rat's ass what British people are paying for gas.
    That writer must be getting paid by the oil companies.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

It's $3.99 down the street from my house. I can't take this. Neither can my MasterCard.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And when we were paying $1.50, they were saying the same shit because they were paying $5. I'm sick of it, too. Next time Germany gets uppity, we'll just say we were out cutting donuts in the parking lot in our 8 mpg SUVs and missed the phone call.

6. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

I actually started in a trough of low prices. I was flaunting that I was paying $2.27, not bitching about it.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Friend of mine was visiting her brother in Germany last summer.
    She goes to fill up his jeep and drops more than $100 to fill it up.
    Her attitude is that until it gets that expensive, she doesn't care, but she's now turning work trips into mini vacations and isn't spending as much money on other things.
    I still say the people who compare the U.S. to European countries can suck it. Apples to oranges comparisons. Smaller geography, more mass transit available.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

$4.18. I don't care about Germany.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Your posts usually say what I would. No need to pile on those who are wrong, you know?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

king - who am i do disagree with piling on?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Up four cents to $3.89 at work, up six cents to $3.99 in my town.

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted