1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 SEC Baseball Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Rules of Golf, May 21, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Quick ACC-jack: If I was covering that tournament today, I'd have thrown my laptop out the pressbox front window a long damn time ago. If UVa plays its cards right, the first day of the tournament could end in about five minutes.

(It started at 10 a.m. this morning, with a 4-hour game between Georgia Tech and NC State. It was a 9-inning game.)

Carry on!

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Speaking of wifi, I had to take dictation for our first edition because the Charter Cable internet was down all over Hoover. Anybody else have such troubles?

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Truth be told, Slap, Outer Mongolia was the promised land when I got here at 11:30 at night, and UK and Bama were in the third inning ....

The SEC needs to start at 9 the first two days instead of 10. As Dennis Farina said in "Midnight Run," well, sort of, "Make it a Starbucks promotion, do some fuckin' thing."

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I was real, real happy to have the 1 p.m. ACC Tournament game (which actually started about 3 p.m ET). Luckily Clemson went nice and quiet in about 2:15, so it put yours truly right back on schedule (and the others behind us real close to it). Would not be happy if I was covering the Bama-UK game, which apparently is STILL GOING. Ouch.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Start time: 10:45 p.m.

Time of game: 3:04.

Ye gods.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow... I fell asleep with the game on and woke up to color bars while watching the game in HD...
    And Hejira, another reason why Charter (and hoover) suck...

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Sorry, I'm not only out of the sports biz these days, I'm out in Texas on a little vaca. Wife has had training the last three days and I tagged along to see the sights. Feel like a kept man or something. We fly back from Fort Worth, where I've tried to put a dent in the area's beer supply at the Flying Saucer. Hey! to Fat Tire; Hey! to friends taking me out of the tourist trap to a good, authentic Mexican place (Benito's) for some smokin' port tacos with salsa verde; Hey! to a Dr Pepper-free existence.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

It is now 3:16 in the afternoon in Hoover, Ala., in addition to Outer Mongolia, Ala., where I am hackin' some early stuff on account of the fact the Confederates and UK aren't going to be playin' anywhere near the scheduled 8 p.m. start time.

Georgia looks like they might go two-and-out. Big woo. They're the SEC champions.

Wish you were here, Rules.

And a tip of the sombrero (urban or otherwise) to Mr. Del B. Vista.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Georgia consistently sucks out loud at the SEC tournament. It's OK, though. It's an even-numbered year, so they'll still make it to Omaha.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I am thirsty for a Dr Pepper. I wonder if I would run into Rush Propst getting slurped by a certain Dome denzien whilst getting one, as in years past ...

rb

11. oh, how i miss dome jokes

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I went back looking for "The Ballad of Gene Hallman" in the archives just now, and came up empty. Drats!

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted