1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 SEC Baseball Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Rules of Golf, May 21, 2008.

1. Allow me to start the thread that has gotten me through so many boring weeks in Hoover, Ala. — the running SEC Baseball Tournament thread.

Oh, how I thirst for a Dr Pepper right now.

The best part about this thread is that I'm not even in Hoover. Just starting this one in absentia. Scribes in Hoover, have at it...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I can only dream about it... I too will not be at the Gene Hallman Playground... Someone be sure to grab the little bottles of Texas Pete hot sauce for me...

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not even as a civilian slap? I've been thinking of taking the small fry on Friday and/or Saturday.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Working on stories today, all-state Thursday and Friday, Lynchburg Saturday...

5. if my man slappy is going to lynchburg saturday, that means sunday is off-limits, too

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, I'm wrong. About a lot of things in general, but we're going to Lynchburg on Monday. I will, of course, vow that if Rules ventures over the the Park, I will convince Ms. Slappy to go too.
    Of course, I would be happy to meet up with some of secSportsJournalists.com for a beverage later tonight... or Friday night.

7. as much as i would like to see the slapstick, this Volkswagen ain't going across that border this week

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

It's the bottle with a cowboy on it!

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Any guesses on what time the Bama-Ky game actually starts? (scheduled for 8 p.m. with only a three-hour window to complete the previous game)

8:30?

9:30?

Thursday morning?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a running count on Dr Pepper's consumed by everyone down there. I'd love to be down there, but instead I'm pretty much going to stay here and do nothing for the rest of the week.

Now if slappy is offering beers and brats, I might have to reconsider.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Are there any SportsJournalists.commers there this year?

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'll be there later today, for the aforementioned Alabama-Ky Kats game.

Draft saved Draft deleted