1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've only given it a couple of spins but from what I can tell the new Old 97's album is mighty, mighty fine.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

And one of the best album titles ever, if you ask me.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I agree. I wasn;t sold on Dance With Me when I first heard it, but the rest of the album is a fine return to form. More Fight Songs and Sattelite Rides than Drag it Up.

Also, the new Death Cab way good.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I could easily skip "Dance With Me".

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Happened across the new Bun B album "II Trill." It's pretty good and has some quality tracks, including one featuring Lupe Fiasco. At first, I thought Lupe could only do old-school beats, but I was wrong.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

BTW, saw the Dropkick Murphys poolside at the Hard Rock in Vegas Friday night. It is hard for me to put in words how much these guys rack ass live.

An amazing show. I'm envious of SportsJournalists.com Boston Nation for being able to see these guys every St. Patrick's Day.

7. lono

lono Active Member

I think Alex Chilton retired the best album title award with "Feudalist Tarts."

8. Bob Slydell

Locust Abortion Technician by the Butthole Surfers. Or Hairway to Steven.

9. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

The Jesus & Mary Chain "Hate Rock N' Roll"

10. Bob Slydell

Barry: How about the Jesus and Mary Chain?
    Barry's Customer: They always seemed...
    Barry: They always seemed what? They always seemed really great is what they always seemed. They picked up where your precious Echo left off, and you're sitting around complaining about no more Echo albums. I can't believe you don't own this fucking record. (tosses the record to the customer and walks away) That's insane. Jesus.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As someone who owns everything Echo and the Bunnymen have recorded -- and also has "Psychocandy" by the Jesus and Mary chain on vinyl -- that scene killed me. Barry was a (slightly) more obnoxious version of me at 18.

12. Bob Slydell

I've always been more of a JAMC fan over Echo. But both are classics in the realm of 80s alternative.

And yes, every music nerd can relate to all the guys in High Fidelity. Barry was even more bitter in the book.

Draft saved Draft deleted