1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nerds assemble: Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America are all coming

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, May 5, 2008.

1. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

A good Green Lantern movie would be bitchin'. They had talked about a jokey type movie, with Jack Black getting the ring. But if they get the right guy....maybe Matthew Fox

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I hope they wouldn't go the comedic route. Seth Rogen was attached to write it, but that luckily has fallen apart. I had read that Common was/is gonna play Green Lantern in the JLA movie. Obviously, that is the John Stewart character. If GL gets his own movie, I would rather see Hal Jordan's story.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"Though he’s made a lot of movies, there’s still been no real evidence that Matthew can really act."

The good folks at Cinema Blend apparently missed "A Time To Kill."

Has MM ever done anything without the accent? Because if he can lose it, I actually don't see why he couldn't pull this off.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just finished watching all the Iron Man extras. Some real good behind the scenes stuff (Favreau strikes me as a guy who is able to find the thing that connects audiences to films in every script), but my favorite was this thing from the onion on TV. So forgive me if you've seen it before.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/wildly_popular_iron_man_trailer

Draft saved Draft deleted