1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running AP complaint thread?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 5, 2007.

1. times38

times38 Member

hey one finally moved

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

NBA glance moves at 11 past the hour. Still nothing on the final box score, 22 minutes later. The Bay Area and LA offices of AP suck eggs.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We got a 15-inch gamer from the Padres-Dodgers almost 15 minutes before they actually moved a box.

4. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Why'd AP discontinue the BATS or whatever it was that gave updates of what inning games were in? That was useful when trying to figure out if a game might get done in time to get it in before deadline.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how was dinner?

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Only thing I'd suggest is that there are so many Internet options for that, they probably thought it wasn't needed anymore.

7. They're right.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Here's something I DID notice today that perturbs me a little ... if I'm right.

Have they dispensed with the AL and NL notes packages each night? I haven't seen them lately, and if they have, I protest strongly. They were a godsend.

9. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Yes, they have. It was a decision made at the last second - we were told on Opening Day "Oh, by the way, don't do the pre-game notes any more."

10. clarkington

clarkington Member

Totally agree. We used them every night. Now we are forced to go through each gamer to put something together. On deadline, this is a huge pain.

11. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

You'd have to ask her. And it was breakfast. I did the cooking. Were you even around before that thread got erased?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

people talk.

Draft saved Draft deleted