1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

plane ticket and rental car websites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Mar 24, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Do you have a favorite? Cheaptickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

kayak.com or travelmia.com for flights. Searches all the major sites for you.

For cars, not really. I used the ones you listed, find what's cheapest, then go to that company's site and see if they're not running a deal.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've always had the best luck on Cheaptickets so I mostly go there but I still check the myriad other ones just to make sure.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My experience with priceline for cars has been good, you can do the name-your-price thing or just book normally with your choice of companies and without having to pay up front.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Priceline is my favorite.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've only used Orbitz, so it's got my vote.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I adore you for knowing how to use myriad.

8. Priceline has treated me very well for both rental cars and hotels, but I'm scared to use it for a flight. Some friends of mine have gotten stuck with horrible times in their quest to save a few bucks.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

When I went to Vegas back in January, I used Priceline and got a terrific deal. Problem was, the flights were horrible. Not so much the time (we left at 7am EST, which meant we had to get to the airport for 5:30), but more so for the cramped legroom on the planes, the tendancy to be seated in row 48 or a 48 row jet and the propencity of getting stuck sitting next to crying kids the whole way.

I still love the site though. Maybe it's because I love money.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

cheaptickets has ruled for me.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Expedia, Orbitz and cheap tickets are my preferred sites.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm just discovering how laborious some of these are.

I want a flight that leaves around 6 p.m., so why are you giving me 20 choices that start at 6 a.m.?

Draft saved Draft deleted