1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's going to Augusta?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thanks for comin' out, Mar 25, 2008.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

To be fair, my golf shoes ARE the most comfortable walking shoes I have.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

60 seconds? I'll give you 8 seconds, tops.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Drive a car onto the 14th fairway and clip Tiger Woods while you're at it.

4. butch

butch Member

If you are lucky enough to cover the Masters, you should take orders from friends, family, coworkers for Masters apparel, then add 10-20 percent to the cost for your pinch. Everybody's happy.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

That's OK if it's a Buick.

6. playthrough

Brilliant!

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

BYH would love that. :D

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you're betting on the winner, or staying in a house with Kindred and his pals, don't let the Washington Post ombudsman find out....and hide your Oreos from Feinstein.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Nicely played.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

If you do this, make sure you don't pack it in your suitcase; that you carry it on your person.

Five years ago, a golf-writing buddy of mine took about $500 worth of orders for goodies, most of which he put in his suitcase. One of the TSA folks helped himself to the majority of his stash.

I was lucky. I ordered a hat for my dad and a pin for me and those were in a separate suitcase.

Moral of the story: anything with the Augusta logo is fair game.

11. playthrough

Ugh. That post brings back memories. I went to Super Bowl XXIII in Miami (as a big Bengals fan) and got a ton of stuff, and for the plane home my mother demanded I check my suitcase (Bengals logo bag). When I opened it at home it was missing half its contents, most notably some autographed stuff from parties and XXIII logo crap. Being 14 years old, I was crushed. Over it now but I still bust my Mom's chops about it.

12. Do people wear cleats, pads and a helmet to football games?

[​IMG]

Oh, nevermind.

Draft saved Draft deleted