1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/20

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zebracoy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I noticed, I think, three times, at the end of commercials for other ABC shows. I forgot that The Mole was an old show. I figured it was just a little subliminal guerilla advertising for something new.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I noticed he Mole thing as well. I think there was something else, but I have to look at the Tivo at home.

OK, this is really strange.

The Mole started on ABC in 2001. Michael's passport was issued in 2001.

Did anyone notice the Christmas Tree outside of Michael's hospital room? We all remember the Christmas Eve phone call right?

Now this is a great catch by a buddy of mine who is a doctor, and I would have never noticed it. He wanted to know why they showed old hospital equipment.

When Libby was Michael's nurse, the gizmos hooked up to Michael were old. When he had the young black nurse, they were modern. They were both machines that read pulse and blood pressure.

Michael has been in the hospital twice, and the first time, Libby was his nurse. He was flashing between visits.

This show is insane.

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

The Lady Friend and I saw it, rewound the DVR and it was The Mole. I remembered the show and maybe thought it was just coming back again. But this makes sense and I never even thought about that. Nicely done.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Danielle isn't dead. I think they've been pimping a flashback episode for her, which there is no way they're getting out of. It seemed like she got shot once in an undisclosed spot on her body by Carl got shot a couple times.

EDIT: Just to put it into context, Michael was in the hospital once before during his flashback in season 2(?). He got hit by a car. It's very possible that Libby was there.

4. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I guess we also found out why Tom said Kate "wasn't his type" back in season three.

5. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

nice catch.
    I actually really liked this episode because it actually answered more questions than it introduced. One thing I'm not comfortable with is how they're starting to make things sound like they're for sure (i.e. the Widmore staging the wreck). That's not the Lost way. There's got to be some twist.
    Here's my big question with Widmore though: What does he really want with the island? I can't remember if I read it here, but someone intimated to me that it could be a tourism thing, that he wants to use it to make money. But that doesn't really make sense, considering he was already rich and he apparently spent oodles trying to contrive the wreck. So what's his real fascination with the island? He was at the auction for the log from the Black Rock, and now he's spent a ton (the receipt for the plane said $450,000, I think) to have it all to himself. So what gives?

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It could be that with the strange time shifts, Widmore might conceive the island as a possible fountain of youth.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

So you care a great deal about them? Why not a good cliffhanger, then?

8. rube

rube Active Member

Makes you wonder what horrible thing Sayid does to warrant his working for Ben later on. I smell some more torture scenes on the horizon.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Season Two:
    Sayid to Ben: My name is Sayid. I am a torturer.

One of the best lines ever in the whole series.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I can see Sayid (and maybe the rest of them) eventually coming around to Ben's view that the island is a special place that must be protected at all costs. Sayid is all about having a cause.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Along with ...

Sawyer: I was tortured by a gen-you-ine Iraqi

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sawyer's got a bunch of great lines and nicknames. My favorite nicknames are "Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon" for Jin and Sun.

Draft saved Draft deleted